Pan-Fried Chicken Breast RecipeOn February 28, 2015 by Hangar5
Pan-Fried Chicken Breast is the most wonderful, tendered and moist chicken dish. I have made this dish by using little extra-virgin olive oil and then flavored with bell pepper and sweet corns. A beautiful and crispy pan-fried chicken breast is served with a poached egg. Trust me, it is a healthy version of chicken with complete nutritional values.
Prep time: 5 min
Cook time: 10 min
Total time: 15 min
Yield: 4 servings
- 4 (3 ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 egg
- 4 poached eggs
- 1-1/2 tbsp dry mustard powder
- 1/2 tbsp ground ginger
- 1-1/2 tbsp dried tarragon
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1-1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp dried thyme leaves
- 1-1/2 cup flour
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp sweet corns (boiled)
- 1/2 tbsp red bell pepper (fine diced)
- 1/2 tbsp yellow bell pepper (fine diced)
How to make Pan-Fried Chicken Breast:
- Take a small bowl and beat the eggs with milk until smooth and fluffy. Keep aside.
- Mix together the flour, tarragon, salt, pepper, mustard powder, thyme, ginger, garlic powder, and oregano in a bowl until well blended.
- Smear the chicken breasts in prepared flour mixture, shake off the excess flour and then dip it in egg mixture.
- Heat 1-1/2 tbsp of olive oil in the skillet.
- Place the chicken breasts in hot oil and cook on low flame until turns golden brown on both sides.
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F.
- Place the pan-fried chicken breasts onto a baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven until the chicken is no longer pink in the center.
- It will take about 6 minutes.
- In the meantime, heat remaining oil in same skillet and pan fry sweet corns with bell peppers.
- Add little bit of salt and set aside.
- When the chicken is well done, take out from oven and place each chicken breast in individual serving plate for four servings.
- Divide the mixture of corns and bell pepper and spread evenly on all chicken breasts.
- Place a poached egg on top and garnish with some salad ingredients, just like shown in my images.
- Serve immediately and have fun with healthy, homemade pan-fried chicken dish.
- Frying the chicken breast on the skillet at low flame and then baking it in oven at proper temperature, makes the chicken more soft and moist.
- Garnish this chicken dish with healthy and flavorful ingredients of your choice.
- Calories 131
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.2g 8%
- Saturated Fat 1.4g 7%
- Polyunsaturated Fat 1.2g
- Monounsaturated Fat 2.1g
- Cholesterol 53mg 18%
- Sodium 45mg 2%
- Carbohydrates 1.0g 0%
- Dietary Fiber 0.1g 0%
- Sugars 0.0g
- Protein 18.8g
- Vitamin A 1% · Vitamin C 0%
- Calcium 1% · Iron 4%